Today is October 22, 2021.  We are in the latter half of Year 2 of the pandemic. After the Delta variant surge that lasted about two months world-wide, infection rates in the US and abroad are largely decreasing. Life goes on as best it can. Booster shots are next. This week I've been out to some restaurants in Chicago and you'd almost think it was pre-covid. Or post-covid. Masks are worn upon entry but removed once seated. I was at Wilde's last night, one of my favorite comfort restaurants in Lakeview. It's named after Oscar Wilde's and I enjoy dining in "the library" which surrounds you with books. I was thrilled to see a restaurant so filled with life and joy again.

I recently bought my first home, an awesome penthouse condo in Chicago which gives me a view of both Lake Michigan and the night games at Wrigley Field. I have been semi-retired for a year and am loving it. I have one caregiving client I work with a day or two each week but my focus has been on completing my memoir, THE INVENTION OF FIREFLIES: A memoir of the magical & the monstrous. 

It's an amazing thing to finally have the freedom to writing to my heart's content. Hallelujah to that. Some of my friends are struggling. One friend is battling addiction and homelessness (though that cannot be blamed on the pandemic). Many of my boomer peers are fending off assorted afflictions often reserved for the aging.

I hope you are all fully vaccinated and returning to as close to normal as possible. I hope my writer friends are inspired and writing their hearts' out. In addition to writing my memoir, I'm starting to put together a Book Proposal to send to potential publishers and agents.  I'm kind of weird because I enjoy such activities.  A book proposal is a deep dive into the business potential for my book, what memoirs are similar and how is mine different, what are the potential market segments to which my book might appeal.

The holidays are on the horizon. And another new year. Wishing everyone good health and happiness.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE REVIEW OF ANOMALISA: An Edward Hopper Painting Come to Life

How Big Is The Circle of Your Friends?

What Ingredients Should Go Into Your Novel?