Hi folks, this is my first blog hop. The participating bloggers are listed below. It's a way to create a blogger village out of likeminded folks. Feel free to explore the blogs below and comment on them. Or add your blog. Feel free to subscribe by email to my blog "Long Day's Journey Into Dwight" which mainly traces my journey as an indie author. But also aspects of my personal life in the millennium.



Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  (Though I'm not sure all the fine points of how to connect this blog hop.  Apologies in advance.) So here's today's question:


Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

*
*
*

My own answer to this question?  I think the characters that I most embrace and fall for -- I remain drawn to.  Even if they change as characters or my feeling about them change.  In the book CROSSING by Andrew Fukuda, the main character is a bit unreliable.  I did have a big shift in my sympathy for him, but it only deepened my interest in him as a character.  The book involves a series of murders in a small town as local high school kids are trying out for the school musical.  Think of GLEE meets CSI.  Suspicions start to grow over the Asian American kid because he is the most different in town and doesn't quite fit in with the others.  And he's a gifted singer.  It's a fascinating exploration of ethnic perception in a small town setting.



BLOG HOP PARTICIPANTS

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome comments from my new fellow bloggers from the blog networks I just signed up with: Blogaholic Social Network, Book Blogs, and Cyber Connect Bloggers Network.

    Don't be shy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dwight. I'm here from Book Blogs. Your blog looks really interesting. Hope you'll stop by mine and take a look around. Thanks
    Jeannette
    www.walkingonbookshelves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

MOVIE REVIEW OF ANOMALISA: An Edward Hopper Painting Come to Life

My entry to the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards

How Big Is The Circle of Your Friends?