Postcards from Dwightland



Note:  I will periodically post updates from my website:  dwightland.homestead.com  It's a high-traffic website.  Last week, I got 122 visitors.

what's up in dwightland?  
* Recently, I ran my first paid national advertising for my novel Prospect of My Arrival.  It ran Feb 3-5 on the popular site Kindle Nation DailyClick to see the ad, a link to the evocative book trailer, news of Hollywood's interest in my self-published novels and more.  Sold about 45 kindle books + 5 people borrowed from kindle library.

* Hollywood has been knocking at my door to ask about movie rights to PROSPECT and THE HOPE STORE. Both Disney and Johnny Depp's production company are considering...


* I just entered Hope Store into ABNA, the Amazon novel contest. On Feb. 23, they announce the 2,000 books out of 10,000 that are advancing based on our 300-word pitches.


* Will soon start work on my third novel. Also hope to be writing a non-fiction book for novelists. "READER VELOCITY: Understanding the Speed of Your Novel from a Reader's POV." 
What can an author do to ensure that pages turn, that the reader feels the story is moving with proper velocity and not dragging?  Many novelist books look at the act of writing from the author's POV. But I want to look closer at the reader's experience of a book. How do we raise/satisfy/or frustrate reading expectations?




UPCOMING CREATIVE PROJECTS FOR 2012:


JUDY TOBEY – Needs some product video for her 
     flower essences for pets behavior OptiBalancePet.
ANNE WRIGHT MCGRAVIE – Needs website/blog 
     for arts tours in australia...AVEC PLEASURE.
CHICAGO ANNE M -- Needs me to add an external blog to her website.  Will make it much less work for her on a monthly basis.  Won't have to update content on homepage. Can link to her site. 


RUSS KUZUHARA – Needs website as singer/songwriter.
LISA WHARTON – Needs book trailer for 
     Last Kiss in Tiananmen Square.

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated! Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

My entry to the 2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards

MOVIE REVIEW OF ANOMALISA: An Edward Hopper Painting Come to Life

How Big Is The Circle of Your Friends?